The Play date



                                 THE PLAY DATE
                                                                By Hermes M
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One day, two teens were going to have a play date. It was late, about 9:30 P.M. They were named Joey and Michael. They decided to have a play date, in Hallam Street. They met in front of Michael’s house.

"Hey Michael!" says Joey.
"Hey Joey, what’s up?" replied Michael.
"Good. So.. what should we start on first? Gaming or movie?"
"Ehh... I don’t know, gaming I guess," responded Michael.
"Gaming it is! Okay, come on, let’s go play already!"
"Yeah!" exclaimed Michael.

*The two teens enter inside the house.*

"Wait, Michael aren’t your parents home?" said Joey.
"Oh, no. My parents went to have dinner in a restaurant." says Michael. "Sort of like a date, heh."
"Haha! Let’s play some-" Joey replied.

*Knock on door*

"Ahh, that must be the pizza guy!" said Michael excitedly.
"Pizza? You’ve ordered pizza? You’re the best chap in the world, not gonna lie!" replied Joey.
"Welp, I am known for my appetite, hah!" joked Michael.
"Let’s play now, it’s already 10:00 P.M!"
"Yeah.. but what should we play?"
"Hmm.. what about Minecraft?"
"Yeah, sure!" replied Michael.

*One hour later...*

*yawn* “I’m getting bored.." says Joey.
"Same. But that pizza was delicious!"
"Yep, so what should we do now? 
"Ohh... what about we watch a movie?"
"Great idea bro!"
"Horror, or adventure?"
"Horror, duh!" replied Joey
"Nice choice. I got a horror movie tape in my room. Let me go fetch it." says Michael.
"Ok, I’ll make popcorn and grab some soda."

*Michael comes back with a movie tape which said in red marker 'DO NOT WATCH'.*

"Back, got the tape." exclaimed Michael.
"Nice, between popcorn is ready, and so is soda!" says Joey.
"Nice, man!" replied Michael.

*Michael inputs horror tape movie inside recorder*

"Ohh.. get ready! My father said he had nightmares!" says Michael.
"Nightmares.. nice..." says Joey.

*Nightmares..? thinks Joey.*

"Ok, shh! It’s starting." exclaimed Michael

MOVIE STARTS*

*Title : I SEE YOU 👀 *

"I wonder how this gave him nightmares.." said Michael.

*1 hour and 40 minutes later...*

"NO WONDER IT GAVE HIM NIGHTMARES!!" exclaimed Michael and Joey in a high tone.
"THAT WAS HORRIFYING!" said Joey.
"Yeah, anyways it’s just a movie.." said Michael in a anxious tone.

 *JUMPSCARE: 'I’M ALWAYS WATCHING YOU, HEHE...'*

"AGH!" shouted the boys.
"Erm... that was unexpected. Let's just put our minds on something else. It’s late, close to being 1- *yawn* - A.M." says Joey.
"Man, who cares? We can stay up and barely sleep for this day!" exclaimed Michael.
"Not saying tha- oh whatever. Let’s watch some TV show or something.”
"Mk. Put whatever you want, I ain't listening to a boring show."

*Michael hands the remote to Joey, he puts '48 Hours' show.*
"Ayy, this my favorite criminal show!" shouted Joey.

*48 hours : “BROADCAST, LIVE RIGHT NOW. A WANTED MURDERER JUST ESCAPED FROM SUPERMAX PRSION. KEEP YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS LOCKED. STAY SAFE, AMERICA.”*

“PFT! It’s not like that pris-“ says Joey.

*”BY REPORTS AND TRACKING OF THE CRIMINAL, HE IS HEADING SOUTHEAST...”*

“Never mind.. but let’s not go cra-“ says Joey.
“GO CRAZY! GO CRAZY!” shouts Michael.
“Dude, chill. There 1 in 100,000 it’ll be us, so don’t worry.
"...I don't feel safe here. We have to go somewhe-" says Michael.

*Phone rings, Michael answers it :”Hello..?”*

*Phone, a stranger speaks in a high pitched tone : “Hello, is Joey in your house?”*

*Michael : “Err, yes, why?”*

*Phone : “I will pick him off your house. Sorry for the late call, but it’s urgent.”*

*Michael : “Oh.. it’s ok, we were still up, though. But why so urgent?”

*Phone : “I’ll tell him at home. I’ll be around your house in 10 minutes.”

*Michael : Ok.. but wai-*

*Phone : “CALL DECLINED.”*

“Oi, mate. You’re going home. Your parents called me. They’ll pick you up at 10 minutes.” said Michael, feeling a bit sad.
“What? At this time? That’s odd. My parents usually pick me up early because they think I’m still a kid.. which I'm totally not, smh.” replied Joey.
"Yeah, right. Anyways...This is getting weird. What’s happening..?” said Michael suspiciously.


*Cars parks in front of the house of Michael’s.*

“They’re here, I’ll open the... wait, I won't.” says Michael. “I ain’t believing a stranger.”
“I got a bad feeling! A criminal, it’s late, horror movie, and now a stranger. What's next!?” shouted Joey.

 “Let me in! I need to pick up my son!” said the stranger.
“No!” shouted Michael. “You’re not Joey’s mom!”
“Please, let me in!” said the stranger.
“You heard us right!” shouted Michael. “I’ll call the police!”
“I SAID LET ME IN!” shouts the stranger.

*Doors breaks open*

*Someone breaks through the door, with a mask on. The mask had horrific looking eyes, just like the one in the movie.*

"Before we get into the fun.. let's play a game, a game of hide and seek. You’ll be the hiders, and I’ll be the SEEKER!” said the stranger. 

“Heh, I.... dou- doubt what I sa- sai- said..." said Joey. 
"Yep, we're passin' this game, so see ya!" exclaimed Michael.

*They both run down the hall, out of the window and climb down the ladder*

"Oi, that was a close one..." said Joey.
"THANK GOD! THANK GOD, THANK GOD!", shouted Michael. "I'LL NEVER WATCH A HORROR MOVIE AGAIN!"

*Joey calls the police while Michael is hiding beside of the dumpster*

*Joey : "911, is anyone there? I'd like to report a witness. We'e been in a tricky situation, you see.. a criminal somehow stopped by our house, or otherwise likely a kidnapper. The stranger said she was Joey's mom, a friend of mines. Joey is a friend of mines, between. So after we ran, and here we are right now. Please come urgently, it is a emergency!"*

*Police : " Yes, sir. We'll be there ASAP. Please report to the nearest police station and please describe how this criminal looks like. He may be wanted for a serious crime, so stay safe, and get out as fast as you can."*

*The two teens ran to the nearest police station. They told the description of the criminal to an officer, and were sent to the waiting room.*

"Dang, never thought of this moment to be part of my life.." said Michael.
"Yeah, but hey, we lived.." replied Joey. 

*Later they hear that the criminal was Aaron Pitcher, a kidnapper. He was sent in a high security jail.*

"Phew! That's off our minds." exclaimed Joey.
"Damn, that was some party! Haha!" laughed Michael.
"Ay, it ain't something to be laughed at, we could've been killed!"
"Well, yeah, but that's the past now, so don't worry!" said Michael.
"Says the person that hid right next to a dumpster praying for 30 minutes! Heh!"
"I was not! Ok, maybe I was, bu-" said Michael.

*The teens parents burst in, wailing and saying 'Are you okay sweetie?!" or "Thank goodness you're alive!" Typical parents.*

"Oh my sweetie, are you hurt?!" exclaimed Joey's mom.
"Mum, I'm okay, don't take it so serious..." replied Joey.
"You need good manners child, we're your parents!" shouted Joey's mom.
"Yeah, yeah whatever." said Joey.

*Joey's mom is shocked with his manners and takes him home to teach him a lesson. That's gonna be tough.*

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need a hospital? What do you need?!" shouts Michael's mom.
"Please don't act like Joey's mom.."  replied Michael, *sigh*.
"You got a friend with a bad reputation in town, jeez." says Michael's mom.
"Don't act cool... It just looks weird seeing a parent saying that.." says Michael.
"Okay, 'whatever'. Let's take you home." says Michael's mom.
"Did you even hear me?" said Michael.

*They exit the building, and both teens go to home.*

"It feels nice to get rid of that insecure feeling." says Michael.

*He suddenly remember about the horror movie tape. He'll get nightmares, and so just to prevent it, he threw it out of the window, and it fell on the sidewalk, near a garbage can.*

"Dang it, I missed! Well, that's gone still, so I'm gonna sleep now."

*Michael goes to bed, and sleeps dreaming about the past of happy memories to get rid of the scene he just witnessed.*

*3 hours later, and Michael's bedroom's door creaks a tiny bit open, showing a glimpse of pure darkness.*

"Do you want to play hide and seek?" said the stranger. "Remember, I'm always watching you.."

*The next day...*

*TV: "LIVE RIGHT NOW; A KID GOES MISSING IN HALLAM STREET. REPORTS SAY THAT THEY WERE KIDNAPPED OR EITHER MASSACRED. IF YOU WERE A WITNESS, PLEASE CALL THIS NUMBER : 912-476-2839. IT WILL CONTACT THE MISSING KID'S PARENTS."

"A missing kid? That's weird." said Nelly.
"Yeah.. anyways, did you find a movie to watch yet?" questioned Ted.
"No not yet.. oh yeah! I remember I found a tape that was on the sidewalk. Maybe we can watch that?" exclaimed Harold.
"Good idea! Let's go put it on now!" said Nelly in an excited voice.
"Is it a scary movie..? I don't like those..." squeaks Ted.
"It's just a movie, it's not real." responded Nelly.
"Oh well, if you say so." said Ted.
"Ok, Let me go get the player." said Harold.

*She goes downstairs, and grabs the player. He brings it upstairs, and places it under the TV.*

"Ok, shush, it's starting!" exclaimed Nelly.
"Yay." gulped Ted.

*The movie starts, and the title shows 'I see you.'*

                                  TO BE CONTINUED. 

                                             PART TWO IS NOW RELEASED!              

     READ NOW: https://mercurybookpages.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-play-date-2.html



Comments

Popular Posts

Sometimes there is Finland

Hunt for the Wilderpeople Critic