Sometimes there is Finland

Sometimes there is Finland.

By Hernan Casciari 
    
    This is the story of how I (Hernan) almost killed his niece. 

    One day, I heard that the newspaper ask me if I wanted to publish my book and put it in their newspaper as a header. Of course, I ran to my car, and I drove back, but then I heard a thump.

 I look behind my car, and I hear screaming from the house, "He ran her over!" coming from his family. At this moment, I knew that I just did something huge.. something bad. I started to hesitate, not coming out of the car, seeing what I've done. I'm a monster... I killed my young niece! Everyone was coming to me, staring at me with deadly ferocious eyes. I wish I could flee to Finland, get a new profile, have a different life, but the guilt will still follow me. I wish the father of my niece would just beat me to death, and then I can be reborn as someone else, and forget about everything I just witnessed and did. When I finally got out of the car, I started hearing my niece's voice, shouting "Tio, Tio!" I thought I was hallucinating, but then I saw my niece running up to me. and then, I felt her arms tight around me. I looked behind the car, it was just a trunk which fell, and my niece was alive. I was so relieved, and petrified at the same time. I forgot every negative thought, and I just went with life. Sometimes, I still feel some guilt for almost killing my own niece, but she was lucky that she survived. Sometimes, there are some mistakes, but there is also Finland.

Translation : Finland means (To Hernan) that sometimes there is no other choice, but to just face it if something bad happened, and mistakes are when nothing bad happens, and everyone is safe. 















Comments

Popular Posts

Hunt for the Wilderpeople Critic